Thursday, June 16, 2016

Mobile – Live Theatre - Review

Mobile – Live Theatre Newcastle- 16th of June 2016

Now I don’t know about you but I never thought I’d ever see a piece of theatre so good in a caravan!
Mobile is a interactive theatre piece and I don’t think that’s even the best word to describe it, a journey is probably a better description!
Of all places to watch a theatre show a caravan wouldn’t be the first thing I would think of,  but hey, I did. Along with 7 other participants I went on a journey.
Cindy, the only character in the play, is eccentric and funny and you are drawn into her story about the caravan and how she came to be in it. Cindy is played fantastically by Georgie Coles and you meet her outside. She tries to guess people's name which is hard to do, but she did guess someone's job.
We are taken into the caravan and are handed biscuits - the tea never arrived even though she put the kettle on. (I’m still waiting Cindy!!)
We are then taken on a journey about social class, through great use of the caravan and fantastic visuals from The Media Workshop.
It was a strange experience but an enjoyable one and I don’t think I'll ever have another experience in a caravan quite like this one (and I used to clean them).
If you want an experience that will make you think and reach for the stars, with a twist, then this is the show for you.

It runs until the 26th June.

Reuben Hiles

No comments:

Post a Comment